Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sure. Why not.

I tend to do things in fits. I will have a really strong desire to become the best math teacher I can possibly be, and this will push me to try new things, analyze my strengths and weaknesses, or look for research to help me form opinions. I will be determined and devoted to this ideal. For an hour. Or two weeks.

Then my focus shifts, because an episode of Batman The Animated Series was on earlier and now I am pretty preoccupied by how awesome Batman is. I will still work very hard at my job of teaching math, but it is no longer my primary thought of the day - Bruce Wayne is.

Why is that? Is that a good thing? I'm sure its fairly normal. I don't know.

This blog will ramble. This blog will be updated 5 times one day and three times in 5 months. I might quit in a few weeks. But, there have been things that I have stuck with, like trying to be a Godly man, giving up pop and fast food for months at a time, learning the ability to keep a straight face, and trying to perfect the game of Connect Four. Maybe I will stick with this as well. It will tend to focus on the following things, in some sort of a rotating, unscheduled pattern: Teaching, mathematics, religion, video games, physical fitness, stuff I find funny, comics, worthless and uninformed observations or opinions, and i bet fatherhood/husbandry (yes that's the term I wanted to use), and unicorns.

No comments: