Monday, February 27, 2012

Gilchrist Christmas Card

     Cara and I have taken a Christmas picture or written a Christmas card every year for the last six (we've been married four). They are always super popular with everyone! We say clever things and take great photos and everything. One year we borrowed a friend's baby (we weren't even dating).
     This year was no exception. Our Christmas Card picture was phenomenal! It is going to be staying on everyone's fridge for years.

     ... Except we didn't mail them. Not a single one. We gave a few to some family members and we made a string of them through our house, but that's it. So! Since winter here in Eugene is rapidly fading into post-winter (which is followed by half-winter-half-spring, then fake spring, and then three glorious weeks of summer before early-fall), I thought I would give you all the gift of us via the internets.

     I had to take a picture of the picture to get it onto the internets. It's the only way.

...This one has an artsy sun rising in the middle of it. 
     I can make it a bit more clear what these picture are of with some artsy closeups.

Here's two-month-old Wyatt in a cute little hoodie. It's in black and white.

There was a... uh... solar flare 

     And here it is again when the sun has risen a bit further.



     If you want one of these photos for your fridge (and they are even more charming in real life), then you have a few easy options! And one complicated option!
     Option 1) Let me know! If you give me your name and address, and a stamp and a self-addressed envelope, I will gladly send you a picture! Make sure the envelope you give me will fit the standard, Costco-printed Christmas Card form.
     Option 2) Right click one of these pictures, and "Save As" to your desktop. Then, all you have to do is print the picture, or load it up to your favorite store's printing website, print it up and go pick it up. Easy and convenient.
     Option 3) Come on over to my house and grab one! I am not going to post my address online, so you can email/call/write me a letter if you want.
      Option 4) Head down to the corner of 5th and Broadway. There's a guy. Tell the guy that you want the package. Make sure you say it just like that. You don't want "a package" or "the thing." The guy (his name is Lenny but don't tell him you know his name) will invite you in through the side door. He's going to give you directions on a map. Flip the map over. There will be five words that form a jumble. Actually, I am pretty sure that it's just that day's jumble. Ask Lenny (don't say his name!) what the answer to the jumble is. He'll give you the answer. The answer is "He wanted to jump over it." Oh crap I shouldn't have told you that. I guess now you can skip like the first five steps. Anyways, something something, mailbox, underneath it, another clue, something happens, you get a Christmas Card.

     If you can think of any other way to get our Christmas Card that doesn't involve me actually writing down a bunch of addresses, stamping and mailing them, I'd be all for it. Just let me know!
    

No comments: