Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Musical Comedy


This post is basically a big long explanation of things I find funny. Maybe you'll find something you like?


I am an absolute sucker for musical comedy. Please note this is different from comedy musicals, with the dancing and the emotions and the stuff. I mean comedians that sing funny stuff.

The best at this is probably Flight of the Conchords. All of their comedy is through song, they sing lots of songs, and they sound good and are funny.




This song here isn't their funniest, but I think it's a good combination of funny and catchy. I will actually listen to it randomly because it is stuck in my head, even though I no longer laugh at it. Is that weird? I don't know. I listen to other, better songs (you know, just plan old songs for the sake of singing songs) for the same reason, right? I suppose when I listen to regular music I might have liked the message or lyrics the first few times, and now I just enjoy them. This is no different. Anyways.

I posted this one a while back, but I just can't get enough of it. It's Hugh Laurie, who did a lot of musical comedy pre-House. I think it's hilarious, but also fun to listen to.




(You should also look into his song "America")

Finally, if you haven't yet, you should watch Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. It's got a weird name, I know, but it is very clever and quite funny. It's about a wannabe super-villain answering emails on his blog. Give a listen: (this actually is a musical, but, not the normal kind)



That's all. Go away.

No comments: