Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dream Living

I have simple needs. I am a very cheap person and am very reluctant to buy anything new, ever. I've been driving the same car for 8 years, and it wasn't new when I got it. I've been riding the same used bike for 8 years, until I bought an additional used one a few months ago.

Cara and I had been watching the same old TV for four years. We always figured once we got a house we'd get a nice new TV. The TV and Entertainment Center are posted at this link, which I think is pretty funny and you should read.

It's been my dream to get a nice TV, mount it on the wall and have absolutely no cords or anything hanging below it. There is a big storage/utility closet behind the TV where I want to store all the cords and equipment.

My dad came over on Monday to help me do some work in the closet (it needed cable and electrical outlets for this to work), and after a few hours of work, we got this:




No cords or anything!! If you look at the side of the TV ...




You can see that there are still DVD and Nintendo cords coming and going, where do they go? ...




Through the wall and into the closet behind!! Wahoo!!

The moral of the story: dreams can come true if you are patient, willing to work, and don't dream about things of any consequence. Now all I need is a DVD player that doesn't have a VHS player attached to it.

No comments: